Tuesday 4 October 2016

The day after

I'm feeling a bit more sane and rational today
Yesterday's post was a knee jerk reaction
To my weighing myself 
It's amazing the clarity a good nights sleep can bring 
I feel quite differently about it this morning 
I mean come on Ruby 
Your BMI is on the low side of healthy 
All my clothes fit me 
I'm not overweight 
No where near it in fact 
So basically 
I need to stop worrying about my weight 
And start living my life 
I'm a firm believer in rocking what you've got 
And confidence is often the most attractive thing about a person
So that's what I'm going to do 
This is my body at the moment 
It has shape 
It has curves 
I'm going to embrace them for what they are 
Signs that I am healthy and happy
Truth be told 
I don't want a super skinny body 
I don't want to be underweight 
I just to be happy in my own skin
And I am most of the time 
I have a lot to be grateful for 
I made it through opiate addiction
And an eating disorder 
I should be glad that I have a healthy body 
After everything I put it through 
Yes 
I so need to work on my diet 
And try and eat a balanced diet 
But there is no panic 
No stress 
I'm doing ok
I'm 
Doing 
Ok....

8 comments:

  1. ^what Shelby said.

    You know most health professionals at this point say the BMI is a load of BS. You cannot measure someone with only height and weight, because everyone is built differently. Knowing your BMI is just as dangerous as knowing your weight or measurements. It's just another door for the ED to sneak in.

    I think this is yet another message from above telling you to stay far far far away from the scales. No good will come of weighing yourself, at least not in the near future.

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Mich
      I've well and truly learned my lesson
      And I won't be doing it again
      It always has a bad effect on me x

      Delete
  2. you are going to be ok i have had to stop reading now, i know you have a long and happy future ahead! good things to you dear ruby xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no
      Why are you stopping reading?
      I hope you are not being triggered? X

      Delete
  3. This is true Shelby
    It's only since I've stopped working that I've been feeling like this
    Hopefully my course will start soon
    And I'll be so busy I won't have time to think about weight or shape x

    ReplyDelete
  4. One step at a time, Ruby, you're doing amazing, moving mountains. Take a deep breath, and carry on. You've got this, and I'm with you! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x