Friday 10 June 2016

Moving on

Thank you for all of your feedback on my last post
And your kind words 
I'm still thinking about my blog
But one thing is for sure
I will not be going anywhere 
And I will continue to blog
I guess it makes sense really 
They I am struggling to find my blog voice again 
The last six months have been a whirlwind 
I almost feel like I have been carried this far 
My feet barely touching the ground 
There has been a lot of change recently 
And a lot of growth 
This is all good
And it feels amazing to have come this far 
I'm sure you have noticed that I am not writing much about my ED or addiction recently 
There just hasn't been anything to report 
I'm taking my meds correctly 
I'm eating my meals and snacks 
And rarely purging 
I guess I am moving on
And letting go of some of the crutches that have held me up this far 
So I've been thinking 
I probably won't post every day
I remember when I first started blogging 
I used to blog Monday, Wednesday and Friday
So I'm thinking I will go back to that pattern 
My blog will about life after ED and addiction
Rather than life with it 
Because in guessing there will be a whole adjustment period 
Becoming accustomed to real life 
With no vices to fall back on 
It will just be me 
Ruby 
Stripped back
Raw 
With all the ups and downs of life in recovery 
It makes perfect sense really 
I was wondering what I would write about 
And of course recovery is what I will write about 
Because that's what I am living 
It's what I know 

So 
I'm sticking around 
I'm still going to continue to raise awareness about eating disorders 
Still strive for recovery 
For others and myself 
Still going fight for a better life 
Are you with me??

12 comments:

  1. every step of the way Ruby xx you know us!


    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Sam
    I wouldn't have it any other way x

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shouts with glee* Yesss!!! I'm with you! I'm glad you're sticking around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!


    Shelby


    PS it will be very good for some followers to see recovery in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Shelby
      I feel like it was important to document my illness
      And it's even more important to document my recovery x

      Delete
  5. DAMN STRAIGHT YOU'RE STICKING AROUND.

    You've built a home here, and we're all your neighbours. No matter what you're doing or writing about, we'll all still check in to read about it. I'm so glad to hear you've cut down on the purging, and I can't wait until the day you start posting about being purge free. (And I know you will. You've come this far, you can still go farther.) And after that, I'll be just as happy to read about your job, or your horseback riding. Or whatever else you want to tell us about.

    You always have a thoughtful and interesting perspective on things, no matter what subject matter you choose for a blog post. So whether you write about recovery or your job or a new boyfriend or your dogs or anything else at all, I'll still be here reading. :)

    I'll be in Ireland next when I win the lotto, unfortunately. Or if this country goes to the dogs during the upcoming election, in which case I'll be cashing in my Irish citizenship and getting me and the kitties the eff out of here. A few cousins said they'd take us in until I can get settled. Several of them have suggested I get knocked up so I can go on the dole and get one of the nice council houses in Achill....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Mich
      You are a sweetie
      You really are
      Thank you for those lovely words

      Ha!
      I am going to continue hoping that you come to visit this part of the world at some point
      I think we would have a blast!!
      We could do so much cool stuff
      And you could come horse riding with me
      How awesome would that be?? X

      Delete
  6. My dear, I'm so glad you are staying. I've missed you to bits and it's SO lovely for me to come back to news that you are doing so amazingly. I second everything that Mich has said, you are an insightful and interesting person to read and get to know. I'd read everything you choose to put out there. Love you to bits my dear and take care xx Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Mandy
      I just replied to your email
      It's so very lovely to have you back
      I've missed you so much!
      Please don't go again x

      Delete
  7. I'm happy to read about life in recovery! That's what I've just started writing about. It's awesome how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Lydi
      I just check out your blog also
      I wish you every happiness in your recovery

      Take care x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x