Wednesday 11 May 2016

Good news!

Today was a busy day
I got up early
To walk the dogs 
Mum was going back to hospital to have a check up
And I left the house at about 9am
To meet Fintan in town 
And we were going to head to horse riding together 
We arrived early 
So we decided to go in to the supermarket to get carrots for the horses 
When I walked in to the stables 
The horses heard the rustle of the packet 
And we're all looking very interested in said carrots 
We all got ready 
And began our lesson
It felt so good to be back today 
I really missed riding last week
And I got such a lovely welcome back from everyone 
We had a lovely lesson 
And I also got to canter today
Which was exhilarating!
One of the lads led me on Star in to the canter 
And it felt amazing 
The power of the horse 
The breeze on your face 
It's absolutely thrilling!
I watched Fintan canter 
And he is doing amazingly well
It's definitely something to aspire to
And to work towards 
Eilish gave me a pair of riding boots to wear to the show  
And today I asked her if I could buy them
She told me to keep the boots 
Which was extremely nice of her
So now I have my very own pair of bona fide riding boots
I'm chuffed 
We got back in to town at about lunch time 
I had a few bits and pieces to do 
Got a cuppa 
And then bought some work out clothes 
A pair of leggings 
And a light jacket 
So happy with that 
I also had a couple of jobs to do for Mam
Before heading home

I was just in the door
And sitting down with a cuppa 
When my phone rang 
I didn't recognise the number
Then I heard the voice 
And I knew it was the lady from the job I applied for 
She had some good news for me 
The job is mine if I want to take it!
And I can just work the twenty hours a week that I am allowed 
You guys 
I am so excited!
I actually got a job offer!
A real live job!
I must admit 
I really thought it wasn't going to happen
But it has 
And I am over the moon!
I start officially in June 
But I will be trained this month
So each week I will work two and a half shifts 
This news has made my day 
Now I will be a working woman!
A functioning member of society 
Paying taxes 
And generally paying my own way 
Now I will be able to save some money 
I won't be broke anymore 
I will actually have some money in my pocket 
And won't be counting the penny's at the end of the week

It really feels like things are coming together for me now 
Like a jigsaw slotting in to place 
Life is sweet 
And I am blessed to have such brilliant and amazing people around me
Who without, I know that I would not be in such a fortunate place 
I think this job will be great for me 
For my confidence 
My self esteem 
And general self worth 
I will be quite the busy bee now though
I will need to work hard to fit everything in
As well as horse riding 
My dogs 
Blogging  
And meetings  
I will need to plan my days carefully
And make sure I am taking care of myself 
Eating well 
Sleeping good 
Exercising 
And generally mind myself 
So yes 
I accepted the offer 
And am super excited to start working 
And be part of working world 

Right now 
The future looks bright 
There was a time 
Not too long ago 
When I couldn't think about the future without working myself up in to a ball of anxiety 
It was so uncertain 
So unstable 
But now 
Well now I have a place I go to each week
Where I feel accepted and part of the group
I get to spend time with animals 
I get to forget about all my issue
For that's hour 
It's just myself and Star
I never fail to come away from riding with a big grin on my face 
I feel so grateful today 
There is much to feel good about 
Thank God 

9 comments:

  1. Ruby, congratulations on the job, I'm so happy for you, that is awesome xox ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Launna
      And good to hear from you
      Hope you are well? X

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow, that is great news! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job offer and I think it's pretty awesome that you did a dressage competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Congrats, miss Ruby. I'm so, so happy for you. All the pieces seem to be getting put together to build a real life outside of addiction and mental illness.

    Love <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Bells
      Finally!!
      It's only taken me nearly 35 years....x

      Delete
  5. Ahhh!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x