Friday 6 May 2016

Darkness in to Light

You may remember last year 
And the year before
My Mum, my sister and I did the Darkness in to Light walk for Pieta House
Pieta House help families and individuals dealing with suicide
The idea is we start the walk in the darkness
And as we walk dawn breaks
We finish in daylight 
We woke up at 2 45am
To start the walk at 4 15am
This year we went to different location
And it was lovely 
Apart from one thing 
We had just started the walk
And my sister and I were just chatting
When we heard a car reving behind us
We turned around and saw a Mini Cooper travelling at high speed towards us
My sister pulled me out of the way
And the dogs 
The mini flew by us in to the crowd
I swear I could see my life flash before my eyes 
At the very last second 
The driver slammed on the brakes 
And stopped literally inches from the crowd 
The screams were blood curling 
As everyone tried to get out of the way
The mini continued up the road
Terrifying everyone
I don't know what happened next
But I hope the police caught him
What an absolute asshole
What kind of a person does that?
Deliberately scaring the beJesus out of people 

Anyway 
Apart from that 
The walk went great
Honey and Lea came too
Poor Lea was struggling towards the end 
But we all made it home safe and sound 
Here's the photos....





6 comments:

  1. Cor there's some real idiots on the road. It's people like that who should be banned, not me!! Thank God for your sister pulling you into safety, I'd dread to think if anything happened to you. Are you feeling better after hospital? You've been in my thoughts. Sending lots of love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Annie
      It was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced
      I heard this afternoon
      That the car ended up in ditch
      And the driver was arrested
      I hope they lock him up for a long time

      I am feeling better thanks
      Thanks to copious amounts of painkillers
      How are you Hun? X

      Delete
    2. Well I'm mightily glad that the driver got caught. Too many idiots get away with being idiots.

      I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm ok thanks, kind of ploughing on through everything, but it's like I'm waiting for something bad to happen, you know? Like things are too good, does that make sense? Xoxo

      Delete
    3. I know that feeling Annie
      That it's too good to be true
      And something terrible is going to happen
      But just go with it Annie
      And enjoy your new found freedom
      In recovery
      We are promised a life beyond our wildest dreams
      And that is surely happening for you and me x

      Delete
    4. Onwards and upwards partner xoxo

      Delete
  2. It's scary how close you can come to a horrific accident when a car and an idiot driver are involved. Almost a year since my accident and it still feels like it only just happened every day on the way to work. One of many reasons I'll be glad for the long commute if I get the far away apartment.

    I hope you're recovering ok. Getting the purging under control is probably one of the most important endeavors upon which you can embark now, in light of the last flare up of the pancreatitis. I know you can do it. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x