Friday 6 May 2016

Blogger

Is it just me
Or does blogger seem eerily quiet these days?
I check my reader a few times a day 
And there are hardly ever any new posts to read
I guess Instagram is more popular these days 
And Twitter
But still
A lot of people seem to read this blog
And I get emails every day from readers And other writers
That is the great thing about writing this blog 
I never know what is going to happen because of it
I put myself and my story out there
As I want to speak for the cross addicted community 
As well as the ED community 
I feel my story is worth telling 
As it's not fairytale 
I didn't live happily ever after
Life is tough 
There are many many bumps in the road 
This last week proved that 
With both myself and my Mum being hospitalised
My pancreatitis couldn't have come at a worse time 
And hospital admissions are a real pain in the ass
But I'm home now 
And on the mend 
I spent yesterday getting the house in to some sort of order 
And also looking after Mam
I made her meals 
Helped her have a shower
And anything else she needs doing 
My sister is relieved I am home
As it takes some of the pressure off her
The only thing is that I'm going to miss horse riding for the next couple of weeks 
Unless I can organise a lift from someone 
I will really miss it 
As I love it so much 
Equine therapy has helped me in so many ways 
Building a relationship with Star has been amazing 
And he did me so proud on Sunday
He's a small horse 
But has a big personality 
I think we are perfectly suited
Being with animals really feeds my soul 
I find they aid with healing too
As they are so in tune with you 
For instance 
My two knew there was something going on last Sunday
As they were extremely and unusually quiet 
That's not like them at all
But yes 
Horse riding has been a life line
It has helped with my confidence in a big way 
And my self esteem
Growing in confidence has helped me with riding 
And that translates in to my every day life as well
If you had told me six months ago that I would be competing in a dressage show 
I would have laughed at you 
But I'm so glad I did it 
It really gave me a boost
Also 
There is the social side of horse riding 
I have made new friends 
Amazing people 
When we go riding 
We leave our problems at the door 
And have a laugh and a joke
There is great craic and banter 
If I could 
I would ride every single day
And I spend the whole week looking forward to Wednesday 
It's been better than any medicine 
Any therapy 
And any meeting 
I guess you find what works for you 
By a process of trial and error
Now I have found something to live for 
A reason to get up in the morning 
A purpose 
And that feels so good

In other news 
My neighbour just rang me
To let me know that the lady from  the job rang her for an reference 
I'm taking that as a good sign
That they are keeping me in mind 
If I do get the job
I don't know how I'm going to manage everything 
And I have doctors orders to rest and take it easy 
But I will play it by ear 
I really want to continue my course 
And if I get they job 
They are going to clash 
I will have to choose one or the other I guess 
Watch this space I suppose 

I met a friend yesterday 
A girl I used to be friendly with 
But we kind of drifted apart 
She also has addiction and ED issues 
So it's good to talk to someone who is in the same boat 

That is it from me today 
I'm a busy bee looking after Mum
So 
See you on the next post....

9 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad about the horse riding for you. You sound so much more peaceful these days than just a few months ago. Even though there are still challenges. I hope you have a lovely time with your mum. We're so lucky if we had good parents. <3 to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the bloody weather, I haven't seen the sun in over a week, I feel like I'm back in Achill.

    Glad you're home and on the mend. Hope you and your mum get well quickly. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you recommend any blogs Mich?
      I'm on the look out for new ones
      And not necessarily ED blogs
      Finally my interests are stretching beyond the illness.... X

      Delete
    2. I've found some good ones over the last year or so, especially a lot of author/creative writing blogs. If you go on my blog, there's a big list on the bottom right. I can't read most of the ED blogs, so I had to build an alternative reading list...

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you so much xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped blogging for a while because when I was in Colombia my boyfriend stumbled onto my blog and had read the most latest post. He was upset and had talked to his friend about it, who happens to be my friend's boyfriend. I was pretty upset by it but didn't know how to bring it up and talk about it. Turns out he only wanted to find a poem I had written to draw and stumbled upon it. He ended up telling me himself and telling me that he hadn't read anything else and would respect my privacy, but that really kept me from writing openly for a good while, especially because I was afraid it would be seen. I've also had a heavy handed touch of seasonal depression I've been wading through so hopefully soon I'll have something new to crank out! I hope you're feeling better. Tons of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to read that Eve
      That you are struggling some
      Recover is not a straight road unfortunately
      But I know you have the tools and the know how to get back on track
      If you ever want to chat, do email me if there's things you don't want to write about on your blog
      You are a tough cookie
      And I know you will get through this
      Baby steps all the way.....x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x