Wednesday 20 January 2016

Happily ever after?

So
Now that I am feeling a bit better
Mentally and physically
My ED may be playing havoc
But 
I am human
My thoughts have once again turned to love
You might recall the date I had last summer
My first and only date in years
It didn't end in happily ever after
But thats ok
It was good experience
And still
I continue to believe that there will be a happy ending for me
Love wise
I'm a big believer in love and romance
Nothing excites me more
Than reading or hearing about a great love story 
I don't believe there is one person out there for us all
I believe there are many that could potentially be our perfect match
And even in my darkest hour 
I always believed I would fall in love at some stage 

I don't really think I've ever been properly in love
My first boyfriend was puppy love 
My next relationship was drug fuelled
Love had nothing to do with it 
Since then I've had a couple of short term relationships 
But no
I don't think I've ever truly been in love
I don't know what that feels Like 
Or looks like 
But I do believe that I will know it when I see it
And I believe it will happen for me
Sooner or later

There is someone 
Someone I've had my eye on
I've seen him a few times in the garage where I get my petrol and car repaired
I know his first name 
As I heard someone calling him one day 
But for now 
I will call him The bearded one
As he has a beard
I'm starting to see that I like a beard in a guy 
As long as it's well kept and neat
Anyway
I don't know this guy 
Don't know anything about him
I'm just going on basic human attraction
And the feeling I get from him
The last time I bumped in to him
I could sense him looking at me 
So I'm hoping he has checked me out too

Right 
This is my dilemma 
I get such a good feeling from this guy 
I like the 'gate' of him as my sister would say 
Meaning you like the look of him
So 
Should I be a modern woman 
Be proactive and ask the guys in the garage for his number?
Take a leap of faith 
And make the first move
Or should I frequent the garage every day in the hopes I run in to him?
Or do I leave my number in the garage for him?
And let him do the work
I don't know you guys
I am so rusty and out of practise with things like this 
But a huge part of me thinks I should just go for it
I mean 
What's the worst thing that could happen?
He could say no
And my ego would be bruised
But at least I would know that I gave it a shot 
And won't be wondering what if, For the rest of my life
Because 
The truth is 
That I would love to meet someone
To share a life with 
For company 
Some one to do things with 
Someone to love 
And who loves me
I think it would be great for me
As it can he lonely being 34 and having no one to share things with 
I would love to have another body
Another pulse 
Another heart beat 
So I know I'm not alone 
And I don't have to face life by myself 

I guess because I don't drink
Or frequent pubs or clubs
It's a little harder to meet like minded people 
There is online dating 
And I haven't really given that a fair shot 
So that is something to consider 
But I would love to meet some one the old fashioned way 
Call me a hopeless romantic...

I guess also 
I was ill for so long 
That a relationship wasn't even on my radar 
It isn't even an option when you are too busy trying to kill your self 
And I didnt want to drag any body in to my world of shit
But now 
Even though my ED is in a precarious state 
I think I need to continue to live as normal  a life as possible
And who doesn't love a good love story?

So 
Friends 
Here's where I need your help 
You are my girls 
My besties 
And I value your opinion greatly 
What do you think I should do?
Take control of the situation
And ask about this guy in the garage?
Wait until I run in to him again?
Let nature take its course?
Or leave well enough alone?
Maybe you have another idea
Something I haven't thought of 
Whatever you think 
I would love to know
How I wish I could invite you all round to mine
And we could chat over hot cups of tea and scones 
And put the world to right 
But really 
Let me know what you think
I'd love to know....

12 comments:

  1. I had a crush on a guy at the petrol station once.

    I say go for it. The worst that can happen is he says no and then you never go to that petrol station again.

    I love beards. I'm trying to convince Drummerboy he should grow one.

    Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to Mich
      I'm dying to just speak to him
      I don't know if I have the courage to though
      If I don't see him soon
      I'm gong to have to do something though
      If only to ease my mind
      And find out if we would work

      As ever
      I will of course keep you posted x

      Delete
  2. yay! so exciting! agree with Mich: go for it! And if he says no, he might be in a relationship already or married, or he is plain boring, nothing to do with you, ok? You have to be aware of this, otherwise it could hurt you, ok?
    Btw still clean, moi, isn't that great? (still early days, but i need to count my achievements. switching to subtext (buprenorphine, switch was a nightmare) first and another stay at a F'n swiss private hospital did really help, in case you want to know. really, i should email you, but I am scared.

    Go for the guy for for the job magic is in the air, Ruby!you are such a fighter, and I feel I owe you so much for all your honesty.Without it I would have never made the first step and kept lying to myself instead!
    xxxxx
    (ps. i know it might sound idiotic but i am really interested in studying law... i never had a criminal record, so what do you think? madness?)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear,

      So glad to read that you are still doing well
      I can feel the energy and positivity from reading your words
      And I am super duper proud of you and all you have achieved

      Why are you afraid to email me?
      You can message me anytime
      I'll always reply

      No I don't think it's madness
      Not at all
      You shoot for your dreams
      The world is your oyster now girl
      You are young, smart, talented
      I think anyone who survived in the drug world needs a degree from the university of life
      It's not easy being an addict
      And I know when I was using
      I was a expert list, manipulator and con artist
      If we put all that time and energy in to something positive
      We would achieve so much!!

      Do keep in touch love
      I really want to see all you get up to

      Take care x

      Delete
  3. I've always been a flirt, but I was shy up until about taking the reins until, maybe 21? If I know the guy has seen me a few times I purposely seek out a way to start a conversation because I like to fish around and get a feel for his personality. Although, when I met my boyfriend, we were all at the bar and I knew his friend who was there and had brought him and in my drunken forwardness I whispered in his ear that I wanted to kiss him after he and I had flirted all night. We didn't kiss that night, but later we talked on Facebook and I said we should hang out sometime and we ended up planning a date and he's now my boyfriend. In love, you kind of just have to go for it. I would walk up to him and say something like, "hey! I'm Ruby and I've seen you here a few times and I was wondering if I could give you my number, maybe we could get a bite to eat or some coffee." if he says no or that he has a girlfriend then you just say,something like okay, (and this is me just being a flirt) I thought you just looked like a guy who needed to be asked to have dinner. Humor always displaces any decline and there's no harm in trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this Eve
      Keeping this informal and casual
      And like its no big deal if he says no
      I have to go to the garage tomorrow
      So I might just take a few extra minutes getting ready tomorrow morning
      Do you think I should as the guys in the garage if they have his number?
      That one I'm a bit nervous about
      But if be willing to do it if all else fails

      Thanks for the advice
      I appreciate it
      I'll keep you posted..... X

      Delete
    2. Nah I would do it myself if I were you. I like to be straightforward in my intentions. It shows confidence and confidence is sexy. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes yes just do it! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to Jo

      Did you get my email? X

      Delete
  5. I'm going to say....i don't know.
    Sometimes i think it's best to let the guy do the asking. But I've had good relationships where I've done the asking. Hmmmm. I do like beards though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tricky one Shelby
      I'm just hoping I run in to him somewhere
      As I would prefer to talk to him face to face

      Yes
      I'm quite partial to a beard myself! X

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x