Friday 22 January 2016

Friday 22 January

I finally got around to implementing my New Years resolution this week
And gave some money to my mum to save for me
I could save it myself 
But then I run the risk of temptation when I feel the urge to spend 
I'm really not all that good with money
At least up until now I haven't been
I remember when I went to the meetings
I heard several speak about their shopping addiction
I can relate to that 
The urge to spend 
The impulse to buy that skirt you just have to have
The feeling that my life would be complete if I had that pair of jeans
I'm trying save €30 a week
Plus money towards house keeping
It makes me feel good to contribute
And it's only fair seeing as I share this house too
It's a good life lesson
If I ever move out on my own 
I need to know how to budget my money 
And if it's a choice between buying food for the week or a pair of jeans 
I need to be able to make the right choice 
Because that's what responsible adults do
Right?

In other news
We have more visitors this week
My Dad is coming for the weekend 
As are my brother and his partner 
We are all going out for dinner tonight 
To celebrate my brothers book deal 
It's so great to have good news for a change 
For so long 
My family pin-balled from one crisis to another
There was always something 
Always drama 
Confrontation 
Tears and fights 
For so long 
We were falling apart
Crumbling 
We were horrid to each other
But now 
Well now things couldn't be more different 
Addiction is a thing of the past 
We get on now 
We actually like each other now  
We care about each other's well being now 
And that my friends
Is a friggin revelation 

I'm hoping to hear about the job soon
The closing date for applications was Wednesday 
The manager told me that they would go through them yesterday 
It might be early days to expect to hear from them today
But certainly by Monday or Tuesday 
I hope to find out that I've been called for an interview 
They are not calling everyone for interview 
But I really hope to be
Because I'd love the chance to make a case for myself in person
I want to show them that I am enthusiastic and motivated 
That I'm friendly 
Patient 
And wiling to learn
I'm probably getting my hopes up way too high 
But I can't help it 
I can't help getting excited at the prospect of being part of the working world 
Living life 
Being independent 
Taking care of my own stuff
And generally being a functioning member of society
I just want to be productive 
I wany to feel like I am worthwhile and valuable 
And have something to offer 
I feel like I could really do this job
And in fact
It wouldn't even be like a job
As I know I would enjoy the work 
Three evenings a week
From 4pm - 10pm is so manageable for me 
When I worked in the pizzeria
I was on the same hours  there 
And that suited me just fine 

So 
Here I am 
Hoping and praying 
I just want to know either way
As ever I will keep you posted....


2 comments:

  1. I have horrible trouble budgeting my money as well. Was doing really well before the holidays wiped me out, so I'm starting again.

    Sending prayers your way for the job! Have a good weekend, luv. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a decent income but I've started tracking my spending again this year and it's all going toward food :/ At least I'm making sure to stay aware of it. Next step is cutting down.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x