Saturday 26 December 2015

St. Stephens Day

Its  the day after Christmas Day here in Ireland
Some of you may know it as Boxing Day
Or the day after the night before
We are all having a chilled day here
After the hustle and bustle of yesterday 
I was the first one up Christmas morning 
I got the dogs out of bed
Let them outside 
And went to wake up the rest 
Mum was up next 
So we opened our presents 
I got some lovely gifts
Avoca soap and socks 
An apron with dogs on
And a diary also with dogs on
My family know me well
After the present opening
My mum and I went to 9 30am mass
Which I slept through 
But what I did hear of it was lovely 
Then we came home 
And the rest of the family emerged 
The dogs werent forgotten either
And in total got three stockings between them with toys and treats 

Dinner was a joint effort 
Although my sister really did most of it 
And what a delicious meal it was 
Turkey and ham
Roast potatoes as well as boiled
Carrot and parsnip mash
Stuffing 
Gravy
And of course Brussels sprouts
Christmas dinner would not be the same without them 
I did my best with dinner 
And ate a small plate
I did purge though 
I have to be honest about that
For dessert 
We had the most delicious apple crumble with cinnamon
With lashings of custard
Absolute heaven in a bowl...

Dinner was lovely 
It was just the six of us
Low key and quiet
Just the way that I like it
No fuss 
No drama 
No alcohol
No fighting 
Just me and my family
And of course Honey and Lea
Who also had a Christmas dinner 
We had a lovely meal
We tAlked 
Laughed 
Joked 
We all got on
All made the effort to be sociable
Even though we might not all agree about everything 
We all put our differences aside 
And shared a lovely meal together 

Today is a quiet day 
My dad and I brought Lea for a walk this morning :
Honey elected to stay in bed 
I dont blame her though
Today I am feeling very grateful
To have a roof over my head
Food in the fridge
Clothes on my back
They say that happiness is not having what you want
It's wanting what you have 

I hope you had a lovely peaceful Christmas 
I hope you enjoyed it 
Rather than endured it🎇

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made the most of your day and had a lovely quiet family day. I do believe those are the best. Thank you ever so much for the beautiful card you sent me, it really gave me a smile this Christmas. I love you sweetie. Happy St Stephen's Day. Take it easy xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you got the card sweetie
      And I hope you are managing ok over the holidays
      I love you too
      So so much x

      Delete
  2. That's how X-mas should be celebrated; family and good food. No drama, just contentment. I am glad you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly CP
      And we finished off the evening with me falling asleep on the couch
      And my nephew putting things in my mouth! X

      Delete
  3. I'm happy you had a nice Christmas ... I had a nice quiet one myself... which was really nice ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Launna
      You deserve it

      Hope you are keeping well x

      Delete
  4. My Christmas was spent in hospital I was denied leave but my family came up Christmas Eve and left gifts from my grandparents -elephant accessories (my family know me well too!) and a card from them (we can all guess what was in that!) I received a handbag full of cosmetic samples from the refuge. Christmas Day was spent using the vast majority of the hospital wifi I think skyping family to be involved from afar. It was hard not being there but the best we could make of a bad situation and I thank god for that. And then I had one of my friends visit yesterday being Boxing Day who would of spent a fortune I swear! She bought me strings for my violin so I can TRY to play again-not cheap I've been told I can play anywhere but I'm worried about people thinking I'm killing a cat! What can I say it's been a while but new strings should make it easier- an iTunes voucher-not cheap either- a $2 money box- I asked for to put my savings in- and a beautiful purple orchid that can actually be planted!-her name is Jessica. My friend has promised incentives for when I am discharged and also incentives along the way to reaching that point as I'm saving for two things an iPad pro and a mental health service dog-for obvious reasons. I think I have some real keepers in my life! Glad you had what sounds like a busy yet relaxed kind of day ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow a recovery dog?
      That is amazing!
      Can you tell me some more about that?

      I'm sorry you were in over Christmas
      I've been there and it's not easy
      Just think
      This time next year you will have come so far
      Because I believe in you so much
      And firmly believe you will find recovery x

      Delete
    2. Yeah there are different services online just google mental health service dog. Most of the time it can be a dog you already own or a new one and then you train them they get a jacket and a certificate so they can be used like any other aid dog they can go on transport in hospitals cafes etc. it's really quite inspiring. But again they are fairly costly although any breed any age can become a mh service dog. In case you're wondering about honey and lea (I know they're a bit old) but you can always teach an old dog new tricks :)

      For the last few days being connected with my family after no contact since October has been wonderfully amazingly it has lifted my spirits and put me in a frame of mind where before I was asking what is recovery it's life or death and I'm going to die now I'm think yes it's life or death but there's also the opportunity to fight! And arm I'm choosing that option fighting it's gonna be a long time before I can take somenutritionally orally I've been on a tube for 7weeks but I'm going to start with 50mls of water a day and every week or two increase by another 50 or so mls it's a start not a great one but we all have to start somewhere! Nutrition wise and section wise I'm not going to appeal it's safer they keep me on section because I'll discharge and fall down the rabbit hole faster then you know it and staying here thy asked for 6months I don't like the sound of that but it's been a month already so 5 to go and if this is what's going to finally turn my life around then I'll do my best to stay. Thank you so much for believing in me ruby

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x