Wednesday 18 November 2015

Fate....

It seems that fate has intervened in my little dilemma 
And my scale has packed in
Infuriatingly 
Every time I stand on it 
It gives me a different reading
It is a Weight Watchers scale 
My second one in fact
And I find them really unreliable 
When I was out for my walk
I nipped in to the chemist to see if they had a different one
But they only had WW ones
So I am now scale less
And maybe that's a good thing
For now anyway
I was getting too caught up the numbers
So at least now I can just go by how I feel 
And I feel pretty ok
My clothes fit 
My hair and nails are healthy 
My skin is fine 
So let's go with that

I was wondering about you
Whether you are in recovery or not 
How often do you weigh?
Or do you think we should weigh at all?
How often do you weigh?
How often do you think is healthy?
Inquiring minds want to know....

8 comments:

  1. Looking back on your posts over the last year, it doesn't seem like any good has ever come of your weighing regularly. You were doing so well in those weeks that you weren't weighing at all, I think it might be worth it to try that again.

    I haven't weighed myself since the end of 2011, and my doctors know to make sure I never see my weight if they have to weigh me. Almost four years since I knew my weight, but I still don't think I'm mentally healthy enough to start weighing myself again. I don't know if I will ever be able to weigh myself again, to be honest. I don't want to know my weight because in the grand scheme of things, it does not matter.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true Mich
      Ignorance is bliss!
      Effectively I have no scale now
      And I don't know whether to replace it or not
      I'm leaning towards not though
      And just go by how I feel
      And how my health is

      I think that's great that you haven't weighed in so long
      And it obviously works for you
      You are amazing! X

      Delete
  2. I must admit...I smiled a little while reading this. I think this chain of events is a good thing. :)

    I've always had the tendency to weigh myself too often. Obsessive weighing was something I did in the very beginning of my ED, possibly even before I adopted any bad food habits. I don't want to admit this, but I think that I should never weigh myself....ever. As for normal people? I have no clue clue how often is healthy. Most of my normal friends weigh themselves maybe once a month, most of them less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      It seems the universe is intervening in my life
      And if that's not a sign
      I don't know what is

      I think I'm going to lay off the weighing for the moment
      And just concentrate on getting back on track x

      Delete
  3. You will know her by the trail of destroyed scales! That is so good, stay safe and keep getting better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT!!
    I inadvertently commented the wr post cos I read 'em both this morning!! >.>
    *über-git alert!*

    AW, Darling, please read bk on ystrdy's…-??
    [@ least it didn't ERASE this time…]

    *'SUCCESS'*

    <3 Jils

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x