Sunday 18 October 2015

Recipe: Beef Goulash

When I was on holidays
I had the most delicious beef goulash 
In a little town called Selcuk
The food in Turkey had been hit or miss for me
And the beef goulash was by far my favourite meal while we were away
So since coming home 
I've been searching for a good recipe to follow 
And yesterday I found one 
On the BBC Good Food site 
So I thought I would make it today 
And share me recipe with you 
All the while wearing the beautiful apron that the lovely Bella handmade for me
Any excuse to wear it



Ingredients:
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
1 pound stewing steak
30g flour 
2 onions 
2 carrots
Celery
3 cloves garlic 
Green pepper
Red pepper
2 tbsp tomato purée 
2 tbsp paprika
Tin of tomatoes
75mls White wine
I pint beef stock 





I was also excited to use my measuring spoons and cups 




Method:
Add your olive oil to the pot 1 - tbsp

Cover your steak in the flour and brown well in batches being careful not to over crowd the pot
Set the browned meat aside

Add the rest of the olive oil
Also add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and peppers 
Fry until softened for about 5mins

Return the beef to the pot
Add the tomato purée and paprika
Cook and stir for two minutes 
Then add the tin of tomatoes

Next, add the white wine and beef stock
Cover and bake in the oven for 90mins
Alternatively cover and cook on the job on a gentle heat for an hour, removing their after 45mins

Season with salt and pepper











Happy cooking!!!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes what about the poor carrots and tomatoes too?we will stop breeding animals if we don't eat meat its how they are treated is the issue.i am a vegetarian but grew up on a farm so know how things work

      Delete
    2. Meat might be murder
      But leaving nasty 'anonymous' comments is pretty ignorant!

      Delete
    3. And thank you nice anon person x

      Delete
    4. to "Anon 10:36":

      Leave it out!!
      & Leave. her. ALONE!!!

      You're wasting space here because… ?!?
      Get off the 'net & go plant a garden somewhere!

      <3 Jils

      Delete
  2. oh so bored of anon comments. so brave they are! hope you loved your time in kitchen,i love cooking,jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jo
      Wish they'd go and.....

      But yes I did enjoy cooking today
      Are you a feeder like me?
      My sister is always saying I'm trying to fatten her up! X

      Delete
    2. yes miss having big family to cook for ,gone from 9 to 2 or 3 in a few years,feel bit lost tea time now! xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the recipe!!
    Been interested in trying it out but im not a very good cook so i may just enjoy the thought of trying it lol.
    Xx H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x