Sunday 19 July 2015

To quote Charlotte.....

It's a day a half later
And still radio silence
I'm 33 freakin' years old
I don't have time to play games!
To quote Charlotte from Sex and the city
'Where is he already?'

But seriously folks 
It doesn't look like he's going to text back
I think this ship may have sailed
I can either suck it up
And move on to the next available tradesman 
Or bite the bullet
And text him myself 
Either option is not very appealing 

I have a draft of a text written 
I've been so close to sending it
But something keeps stopping me
So I am going with my gut feeling 
And holding back 
I just can't figure out what happened 
I mean 
We were texting back and forth 
And as soon as I mentioned going for coffee
It's like he seized up and froze
Or maybe he thought
'F**ck this for a game of soldiers, I'm out!'
Maybe I was too interested
Or not interested enough
Maybe he's seeing other girls
Maybe he's afraid of enclosed spaces that serve coffee
Maybe he's allergic to coffee
Maybe there's been a plumbing emergency 
And him and all his plumber friends have been called away on an extremely important job
The possibilities are endless
I mean
I don't even care where we go now
We could go bird watching
Or train spotting 
Or hang gliding
In really not fussy anymore 

You know
It really wasn't easy for me to put myself out there 
And actually show interest in this guy
For the past decade
My addiction and ED have been holding me hostage
And boys were the very last thing on my mind
I was in a kind of anorexia enforced celibacy 
And I was fine with that 
I mean you don't miss what you don't have right?
So to actually engage with a member of the opposite sex is a monumental step for me
(I almost wrote a member of the opposite species, but last time I checked men were still the same species as us ladies right?)

I don't know girlies 
I am at a loss 
Maybe I should just cut my losses
Or just text him
I haven't decided yet 
Thank you for all your support at this difficult yet exciting time
It means the world 
You seem to be divided between texting him back it not
With just a little more suggesting that I text him back 
I guess I will see how today pans out 
And whatever happens
I will as ever keep you posted....

14 comments:

  1. i would be confused too, it doesn't make sense so maybe there will be a reason,phones do strange things sometimes,mine just suddenly loses all service for 24 hrs! hopefully you hear today or maybe send the txt and if you still don't get a reply then you know you to let it go. hope you find out soon, you dont get all this stuff with dogs do you?! love jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, that is so true Jo!
      Dogs are so honest and straight forward
      They don't play head games
      Or any sort of games
      But honestly
      It's dragging on now
      I just want to know one way or the other
      And either move on
      Or go on a damn date
      I don't even care where we go
      We could go bird watching
      Or train spotting for all I care!

      Thanks for your support Jo

      Love ya x

      Delete
  2. Honestly if he's freaked out by the suggestion of coffee ffs he's not going to be much of a boyfriend!!

    Don't worry about it ruby. And besides he may still get back to you. And if he doesn't, well, he's the weird one, not you.

    Hope you're OK. Don't let this be a blow to you and your progress(I know how these things go)

    Oxoxoxoxo shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard Shelby
      This is my first experience of trying to date in years
      I feel so rusty and awkward
      And it's all just so mortifying
      I'm going away for a couple of days tomorrow
      So I am glad of the distraction
      Will keep you posted x

      Delete
  3. I suggest that you text him love :) nothing wrong with taking the first move right? Maybe he was just busy and forgot to text back when he's free, I do that sometimes. Hope everything is all good Ruby :)

    Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christie
      For now
      I'm letting it go
      I'm away for a couple of days
      So I'll see how things are when I get home

      Hope youre doing ok x

      Delete
  4. I'm a flirt and I'm also really friendly so basically in this situation I would make the first move because life is too short. In this case I would text him first, say "Hey! How's it going? I'm free (whatever days and times) so I just wanted to see if you had any of those days free as well? I saw *insert title* was playing at the movies and thought it sounded good. Want to join me?" Boom. Done. If he doesn't think that movie sounds good tell him he can pick. I'm not horribly particular anyway so it helps for date planning. Be casual, don't over think it. It's okay to be confident and honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually this advice is a lot better than anything I could think of! i totally agree! you go ruby, and if he responds strangely or does not respond at all you have saved yourself a lot of trouble. you are so lovely you have just started to try to date again, there will be so many more chances! *hugs* good luck!

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea Eve
      I'm away for a couple of days
      So I will see how things are when I get home
      And if he hasn't texted by Wednesday
      I will definitely text him
      God I'm so glad to have all your support
      As I don't have real live friends to talk to
      Thanks lovely x

      Delete
    3. Thanks Josephin
      I hope there are more chances
      I was just really excited about this one
      How and ever
      I will pick myself up and move on
      That's all I can do x

      Delete
  5. (OBVS) Poor lad lost the pwr of his hands, or his Stupid phone has died a Brutal, freakish death!! : (

    No, you were spot-on; ⅔+ of the time blokes ARE a species unto themselves--who can understand them : ?

    I'm all over the place on this: Txtg bk, even if it's a couple days latr, (or 3!) is just gd manners !! I'm quite off-put when ppl blatantly ignore me--onea my pet peeves!! [I've act opted 2 cease txtg 2 the "offenders"-!!] :/
    On the OTHER end of thgs, a non-reply doesn't necessarily hfta mean ennathg ATAHL: (I'm soundg contradictory 2 abv statemt, but My example is for HABITUAL non-answerers!!)
    →Regardless to ev'rythg, YOU NEVER DID ENNATHG WRONG-!←please 'rinse & repeat' reading this as needed !!!

    I v much like Eve's cas-yet-straightforward approach; following it to the lettre could do you no wrong--she's a ★!!

    late 2 the party, but sending telepathic msgs 2 plumber boy-- As Well As zillions of hugs 2 You-! Jils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun
      I actually just bit the bullet
      And texted him
      It was an impulse
      And I hope I don't regret it
      I just decided to take control of situation
      And lay my cards on the table
      I guess we'll see what happens
      And whether he's man enough to be a gentleman and text back
      Here's hoping all those telepathic messages worked

      Love to you x

      Delete
    2. good for you can't wait any longer, how sad am i? seriously though ts on my mind! by way emailed you back, on phone again same no. but not sure i got number right anyay i speak to u soon xx jo

      Delete
    3. Just texted you Jo
      Hope you got it x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x