Sunday 21 June 2015

Fathers Day

It's Fathers Day here today
And it's also my other sisters birthday
So we are all having a family meal here
Which I am cooking
Chicken chasseur
It was only after I bought all the ingredients 
That I remembered that I made this the last time we all met up
But how and ever
I'm sure no one will even notice

I get on well with my Dad
And see him regularly
As you know 
My parents split up when I was 19
The best decision they ever made if you ask me
Growing up in our house was tough
There was often a grim atmosphere 
And my father drank a lot
My parents were constantly fighting
And I actually hated my father
I can distinctly remember being afraid of him
And worrued that he was going to kill us all
That is no exaggeration

But in recent years 
Things have drastically improved 
My father hasn't touched alcohol in years
And the family gets on much better
The only thing is 
That my father denies that he did anything wrong while we were growing up
So we avoid that subject like the plague 
I get on good with my Dad now
He spent a lot of time with me when I was really unwell
So I guess we have that bond
My Dad absolutely loves Honey and Lea
And they adore him
So we also have that
Which is nice

Anyway
On to other subjects
Regarding weighing
I think I am going to go ahead and discard my scale
And try to go a full year without weighing
Maybe I'm bonkers 
Maybe this is a terrible idea
But I feel compelled to do something
To take control of the whole weighing situation
However 
I will talk to Mary next week
To see what she thinks 
Call me crazy
And maybe I don't need to be so 'all or nothing'
But that's the way my brain works 
Let me know what you think about it

Last but not least 
I will leave you with today's outfit
Shirt - River Island
Skinny jeans - River Island



8 comments:

  1. you look lovely and fresh! have a lovely day with your family,wish my dad was here but lots happy memories. enjoy your cooking,i love to cook[when I'm in the mood!] but have never tried that recipe,can you post a pic if you get time? jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo
      I actually posted how to make it a couple of months ago
      I think the post is called Recipe #1
      But I will
      Post a photo again when it's cooked
      Hope you are well x

      Delete
  2. You look lovely, that is a very nice outfit!! I'm too short for skinny jeans I think. Also I have hiker's leg muscles so I'd need the fire department to get me out of them.

    Your dad sounds like my mum. She has mellowed out a lot over the years, but no one may ever mention the hell she put us through as children. :/ I guess it's better than still having an abusive parent. Baby steps?

    Hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly mich!
      My mum always says that given what we have been through as a family, we are not doing too badly
      And I agree with her
      It's now evening and we had a lovely day x

      Delete
  3. If they can't accept/admit the truth then that is their problem. Have a similar situation. My mum is always rewriting history and then I have to agree or change the subject because she will argue black is white. I don't argue anymore. I used to cry about it but now I believe she will never mature psychologically. And I had to bear her issues growing up. Because she's my mum I'm just going to accept it. I think your family is very enviable actually. You aren't doing too bad at all! X shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange Shelby
      We grew up in the same house
      Yet we have totally different memories of events and things that happened
      I don't bring it up
      It just causes arguments
      And I want my family to hold on the good not the bad
      It's tough though
      And yes we are not doing too badly at all x

      Delete
    2. You are doing better at that than me. You have a great attitude. Sometimes I'm still so angry.

      A counselor told me each member in a family sees things differently. So true. S xoxo

      Delete
  4. I absolutely ADORE your outfit. You're just so stylish all the time. I'm usually so lazy and just throw on whatever is comfortable.

    I'm glad I read this right after reading the other scale discarding one! Just after I left a comment I thought...wait..I should have said maybe take it in smaller steps? I know in treatment they tell the girls that if you're weighing more than once per day, completely cutting it out is unrealistic and will set you up for failure and guilt. It's up to you obviously, but perhaps start by cutting down and then reduce it even more as you go? I can also see why just going cold turkey could be helpful too. So it's really just about how you think you can manage it. Either way, I'lll be rooting for you.

    Hope you enjoyed father's day with your dad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x