Friday 17 April 2015

Tramadol test

I was at a meeting this week
Where I was talking about anxiety
I'm really struggling with it at the moment
And it is driving me nuts
It affects everything I do
And makes seemingly simple tasks impossible
Anxiety is a horrible thing
It's why so many people think they are having a heart attack
When they are in fact having an anxiety attack
I guess they are both similar
They both affect the breathing 
Tight chest
Pain
Panic
Fear
It can be a terrifying experience

So I was at this meeting
My anxiety wasn't too bad that day
And I even managed to read out the daily reading 
Usually I can't read in public at all 
When I was finished speaking
One of the men began to share
He said he was wondering why I read out the reading so fast
But now realised it was due to anxiety
Later on he suggested that I try Tramadol for my anxiety
I knew what Tranadol was
It's a morphine based pain killer
I remember when I was in hospital with pancreatitis 
Tramadol was the first thing they gave me
It didn't work at the time

Anyway
I was chatting with my friend after the meeting
She told me not to listen to the man
That he was not well
I left the meeting
And thought no more about it

During the week
My neighbour asked me if I would look after her dog for a few days
As she was going away
I said I would
So I've been over and back to the house
Feeding the dog
And bringing him for walks
I decided to sit with him for a while last night in the kitchen
I was watching tv
Minding my own business
When I spotted some blisters of meds on the table
My curiosity was pricked
And I turned the pack over to see what they were
And wouldn't ya know it
They were Tramadol

I had a huge urge to take a couple
I must have sat staring at them for ages
I had the dog on my lap 
And I kept thinking
Just one
One won't hurt
She won't even notice
At one point 
I picked up the pack
And was so close to taking a couple
But some how
I managed to resist 
I figured that my neighbour had trusted me with the key of her house
And left me in charge of her dog
How low would it be to steal her meds?
This woman was recently widowed 
And the last thing she needs is her greedy addict next door neighbour helping herself to her meds

I got home and breathed a sigh of relief
I can't lie
I was very close to taking those tablets
It was temptation in pill form 
I'm just so glad I didn't take them
And it's because I have gotten stronger over the last month
That I can resist
It's because I have been going to meetings
Because I am working a programme
Because I want to do the right thing
Because I want to get well
Because I want to be a good person
Tramadol test passed...... 

2 comments:

  1. thats great ruby, doesn't it feel great when you win. lots of small battles win the war its said. take care jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I went to my doctor and he shot me in the butt with some Tramadol to help my body pain. For the first time in ages I have been in a good mood, feel extremely relaxed and extremely content. I take Zoloft for depression and it helps to a degree, but this stuff makes me forget what depression even is. I am watching tv and smiling, this is the best mood lifter I have ever had, and so-so for pain relief

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x