Sunday 22 March 2015

Anorexia picture

I was browsing the internet yesterday
Looking at this and that
There was a particular picture I wanted to find
It's a picture of a girl
With a skinny little body wrapped around her
I think it's a great image to describe what it is like to live with an eating disorder
It's almost like having another entity surround you
It takes you over
Like it's in control of you
In charge of your thoughts and actions
Anyway
I was looking for this picture
And I typed 'Anorexia photo' in to Google
I was scrolling down
Skimming the images
When towards the end of the page
I found myself looking at a familiar face
I know that person I thought
I recognised what they were wearing
The mirror the photo was taken facing
And the room
I looked closer
And suddenly realised that it was me!
I did a double take and checked again and again
But it was in fact me
A very recent photo of me in my new stripey dress

I know that I put images of myself and my blog
And I write every day
So my pictures and words fall in to the abyss that is the internet
And I guess when you do that
You give that information away
It's not your own anymore
However
It was still a shock to see it

Then this morning
I decided to check again
To see if I was imagining things yesterday
But the photo had vanished
In fact it seemed to be an entirely different set of images
So I am wondering if that photo of me was there because I used my own phone
And I look at my blog here every day
Or was it just a fluke?
It makes me realise that I need to be very careful what I post on the Internet
As once it's put out there
It's not your own anymore

So I'm wondering
Has this ever happened to you?
Have you ever come across a photo of yourself on the Internet in an unusual place?
Do you post photos of yourself on the Internet?
If not why not?
I'd love to know.......

1 comment:

  1. oh god am horrified by these pictures of these poor girls, so why do i do this to myself, too ashamed to even leave my name,you know xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x