Thursday 5 February 2015

Vet day

Today my sister and I 
And Honey and Lea travelled to my home town
For Honeys follow up appointment
And to get her stitches out
I brought them for a walk first thing
So they wouldn't mind the hour and a half drive
And we arrived at my Dads just before lunch
My sister and Lea waited at the house
And my Dad and I made our way to the vets
Honey was not best pleased to be back at the vet again
But props to her 
She was very good

After waiting for a few minutes 
The vet called us in
He said her eye looked great
And that you can hardly notice the eye is gone
Which is true 
Her fur is growing over the little wound
The vet said that she was in a lot of pain with her eye before the operation
He said he usually takes before and after photos of operations 
To put on his Facebook page
But that Honey was so 'grotesque' before that he didn't take one

There was another matter the vet wanted to talk to me about
The big elephant in the room
Literally
Honeys weight
He said that she has to lose some
If we want her to live a long and healthy life
On the vets scales
Honey weighed in at 17kilos
He said that 13kilos is an ideal weight for her
I asked the vet about the best food to feed both my dogs
He recommended one
And worked out the correct amount to give them
So that is my next mission
To get Honey to a healthy weight

Here are some photos from today.....










2 comments:

  1. all sounds good! why is it so much harder to cut down our pets food than our own?
    think its part of it wanting to feed others,anyway she looks so well and wouldn't even notice eye. love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad little Honey's doing well. Silky was a bit chubby as she started getting older and more sedentary, but weight control food (plus treats, of course!) did the trick. I'm terrified of over or under-feeding them at meals, I have a set of cheap measuring scoops for them which have been really handy.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x