Sunday 8 February 2015

New Day

It's a new day
And I am determined to snap out of this funky mood I am in
I hate Sunday's
I always have
It was always the day before going back to school or work
And as anyone who suffers from anxiety will know 
The anticipation of the event is always far worse than the event itself
But there are other things on my mind that I don't really want to write about
But I will mention
The Boy 
The less said about him the better
And my weight 
Ditto
So let's move right along

Something I have noticed recently
Is that our little community here seems to be getting smaller and smaller
I look through my blog roll
And see that so many bloggers have disappeared
Vanished off the face of the blogosphere
And I can't remember the last time I followed a new blog
I'm wondering why this is
Is blogger old news?
Did these missing bloggers get well and tell their demons to f**k right off?
I truly hope so
Maybe they out grew blogger
Maybe they recovered and don't need this community any more
Maybe their lives are so full and rich that they don't have time to blog any more
Or maybe they are so sick they can't write
Maybe they are in treatment or hospital
Maybe they died

I think back to when I first started blogging almost three years ago
And blogger was a hive of activity
And it was so exciting to be part of it
But now
It just seems so quiet
Do you remember Rayya?
Winter?
Thinderella who I got very close to and then she dropped off the face of the earth 
I hope and pray that these girls are ok
We are now a small and intimate community
And it makes me appreciate the ones who are left so much more
We are a tight bunch
And I love that

Yesterday was tough
But I got through it with the help
Of some beautiful bloggers
Who are always there just when I need them
It was my sisters and my dads birthday this week
So we all went out for dinner last night
To a restaurant in the village
For me 
Going out to dinner had always been a waste
I mean I don't want to pay for a meal that will inevitably end up in the toilet
We chose the early bird menu
Three courses for €26
Although it was more like 5 courses
First they brought out bread
Then an amuse Bouche which  was delicious 
For starter I had vegetable soup
It was a nice small bowl 
But by the time I was finished I was full and wasn't particularly looking forward to the main course
But I ploughed on
And had steak for main course
Again it was a small portion with some veg
I got through it 
But was fit to burst
So I excused myself to the bathroom
Joking that I was going for a smoke 
I was glad to see that the bathroom wasn't in cubicles
And was its own room
Do I didn't have to worry about anyone hearing me
I gently tried the flush before I began
Just to make sure it was working
And it was 
I did the deed
And felt incredibly guilty and dirty
I cleaned myself up
And returned to the table

Despite my bad mood
And despite my trip to the bathroom
I enjoyed the meal out
We had a good chat
And a good laugh
And all without a drop of alcohol
It wasn't always this way
For a long time my family couldn't be in the same room together
Without tearing lumps out of each other
We've come a long way 
We really have


2 comments:

  1. it really is a new day.

    I know the feeling about losing old bloggers and not following a new blog in absolutely forever - funnily enough, when you just wrote this, I just talked to Rachel from http://perfectbody-perfectsoul.blogspot.com/ today and she's doing so well. she's abstaining from blogger just because she doesn't want to be triggered is all. she's having a life.

    there's this one girl I stopped talking to around September. she was getting so bad it was triggering. I recently reconnected with her. it is something miraculous seeing someone that was b/ping multiple times a day and not being able to see a future for themselves happy and glowing. she tells me that the only reason she'd want to lose weight in a weigh-in is so her dietitian would make her eat a bit more. she doesn't want to be sick anymore... that is amazing. she managed to go so low then so high in so quick of a time, and it's just...

    it's like watching a flower die a bit every day. and then suddenly you return to it months later expecting the absolute worst, and it's radiant it's glowing and it keeps on blossoming a bit more every day. so much that it makes you smile!

    i'm sorry this went so off-topic. but I just wanted to share it with you. because you are like that kind of a miracle to me. I refused to follow you before because I genuinely thought you would be seriously triggering and then I somehow, just one day, decide to open up one of your posts, and you were talking about recovery.

    and I genuinely thought: oh my god, this is a resurrection. it is. you have beat the odds. MULTIPLE TIMES. you are a miracle. MULTIPLE TIMES.

    do not let that go, Ruby. don't let it go for ANYTHING, especially for a fantasy that you know yourself doesn't exist.

    <3

    I just thought to write these for days that you are struggling a bit. it is worth it. you are inspiring people. you make people happy. you can't say that about a person that is knee-deep in their disease.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this seems to be a small community and hard for new people to get in to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x