Tuesday 3 February 2015

And then she recovered

I started writing this blog April 2012 
Almost 3 years ago
I had been reading blogs for some time 
The first ones I came across were Recovering Anorexic over on Wordpress
And Lou here on blogger
When I started writing
I had little or no interest in recovering
My life was dictated by my ED
Although my weight wasn't too low
My life was still pretty much a mess
For about the first year 
I wrote anonymously
Under the name Ruby Tuesday
I picked this name
As Ruby is quite similar to my real name
And I also love the song 
Which it is named after

I wrote anonymously
As I wanted to be as honest as I could possibly be
Without any consequences 
And without fear of being recognised
 Given the sensitive nature of my writing
I thought it best not to disclose my real identity

But over time
I became comfortable showing face
And began to post photos
I wanted people to be able to put a face with my writing
Although I still keep some details private 
Like my name

This blog was originally called And then she disappeared
I thought long and hard about the name
I had a few in the running
But I kept coming back to the same name
I chose this name as I was in a bad place
And I was planning to disappear
I try didn't believe that I would last the year
It was all too much
I was too much
I just wanted to slip away quietly
With no hassle or fuss
I wanted out of this life
For good

You know what happened next
Life began to improve for me
I grew
And matured 
And started to fight for my life 
A lot of change was happening
And along with my own personal changes
I felt the need to change my blog
It went from documenting my like as an eating disordered addict
To  being about my ventures in to recovery

It was really quite difficult to choose a new name  for my blog
I wanted to convey the fact that I was beginning to recover
But still wanted to stay true to the message of my blog 
I toyed with a few names
And asked you all to help me pick one
The lovely Hydra suggested the name
And then she recovered
I loved it immediately
It conveying that I was in recovery
But also gave a nod to And then she disappeared
It was perfect

I was wondering about you
Do you wrote anonymously?
Why did you pick the name you use?
And why did you pick the name of your blog?
Inquiring minds want to know........

6 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter chose the name of my blog... I wanted to have my name in it as it's unique. I thought the use of letters in the title fit perfectly as I just wanted to write posts of my life to show how I came through massive challenges in my life ... ♡

    I like the new name you ended up choosing about recovery... I like how you never give up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had Pretty Lies Fake Smiles, I chose that because that was what my life felt like, telling pretty lies that I was okay and putting on fake smiles..then again I was 16 and it all felt so romantic. Ha. The current name, More Than The Weekend was inspired by a song about problems lasting more than a few days. I'm in quite a limbo right now as I've been away from Blogger and have decided to not necessarily delete my blog, but to put it to rest. That chapter of my life really is shifting, and I'm going to start a new one that will allow me to keep up with this community, but will definitely have a different focus. Take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymity's a funny one for me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, no, I don't blog anonymously. I've gone by Bella since I was 14 and it's more my name than my birth name. It's always been the plan to legally change it, but it's not been a priority.
    (Fun fact: if you google my legal name, there's zero record of me online)
    I knew when I started blogging that people I know would be able to find me. I realize it could impact upon future career prospects and whatnot, but I think I just got tired of hiding.

    'Too Much, Not Enough' had been flying around my head for a while. It seemed to succinctly convey the thoughts that run through my head. I never thought of it specifically as a blog name, but it seemed to fit.
    (Unfortunately, I hadn't had that brainwave until a week after I came up with my oh-so-imaginative URL)

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write anonymously, the only real part of my name is the middle name and in this instance I've deliberately spelled it incorrectly, Imagine Anne Morgan will be the name on any books I might publish in the future. I don't give any direct hints as to exactly where I live as I blog about unemployment and the struggle to get published. My blog was initially called Scribblings of a Mad Cat Lady, but I've changed it to The World is Not Enough. Excuse it's a better fit. I do post photos, but my name isn't real. I can't remember why I chose this particular name, but after toying with other names it was the best fit.
    I love the new name of your blog and there's nothing wrong with a little bit of anonymity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm anonymous because I don't want anyone who knows me read my spewings, least of all my boyfriend. My blog is for venting things that I can't/won't discuss with people irl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not writing anonymously and Christie is my real name although not my given one (it's in Chinese and it sounds horrible) everyone calls me Christie or Christabel and I go by Christabel on some places online :) Constant Craving just feels like a fitting title for my blog because I'm constantly craving to be thinner, yet constantly craving for food :P

    Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x