Tuesday 20 January 2015

Honey's operation

My sister and Honey and I travelled to my dads home town yesterday morning
Where we had an appointment with the vet at 11 30am
The roads were quite slippy 
So we really had to take our time driving
Honey slept soundly in the back seat the whole way
We arrived at my dads
Changed cars
And made our way to the vets
After speaking to the girl at reception
The vet called us in to the surgery
He was lovely to Honey
And petted her and spoke to her for a few minutes before examining her
Honey didn't even growl or anything

After Honey was feeling comfortable
The vet checked her little eye
He winced as he looked at it
Then took out a little torch
And checked it as I held her eye open
He said the eye was rupturing
And the only option was to remove it
As she was in pain
He was so very sure that the eye was dead
And she had no sight
The vet then checked her weight and heart
To make sure she was fit for surgery
He said that if Honey weighed any more
Surgery wouldn't have been possible
Honey is over weight
And that is something that I really need to address when she gets well
We left Honey in the vets capable hands
Hoping she would be ok
We would ring in the afternoon to check on her
And my dad would pick her up that evening 

My sister and I wanted to get home early
As the weather wasn't great
So we had a quick bite to eat
And set off for home
My dad rang the vets before we left
The operation went well
There were no complications
And she could be picked up in a few hours
I was so glad it went well
I couldn't wait to see her 

That evening my dad rang me to let me know that Honey was home in his house
She was very sedated
And was sleeping peacefully
She got up once
And was very confused
So my dad brought her bed in beside the fire where she went back to sleep
I rang this morning to check on her 
And she is still sleeping

All being well
My dad will bring her here today
I am so looking forward to seeing her
I have been so worried
Here are a couple of photos from yesterday








7 comments:

  1. Wishing honey a quick and speedy recovery, I hope she is back to being herself very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...poor honey. Hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the poor little thing.... hope she is in your good care again..

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all that was just confirmation that Honey already wasn't getting anything good from the eye, and having it out will stop her pain. Hope she's well today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Honey. I'm glad to hear things went well. I'm sure she's looking forward to seeing you. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, the poor little dear. I hope she recovers soon and feels better without that nasty eye bugging her. Sending lots of love and hugs to you both <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wishing little Honey a speedy recovery!

    somehow, with you, I always read the full on post before commenting which is unusual. perhaps, it is because the fact that you write genuinely as if you are telling the story, and I do not want to leave that train of thought just by typing a comment.

    I really hope that both of you are well and that Honey begins to be a bit more like herself without that eye annoying her and all.

    I love you, dear. <3

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x